How to compare electricity and gas prices, and get the best deal you can
It might be surprising how easy it is to get cheaper energy. It takes only a few minutes, following a few simple steps.
The first step is luckily also one of the easiest (and the most fun) – which is doing a bit of comparison shopping. Here’s a quick guide to help you compare electricity and gas prices, and get a great deal.
Important: To get the best deal…
Want to compare electricity prices? When you comparison shop online, make sure you use a site that displays all tariffs that are generally available to the public, not just the ones they can sell to you.
energyhelpline.com gives you the option to view all publicly available tariffs.
Here’s how to find & compare the best electricity and gas prices
It is simple to compare electricity prices – and you could save yourself hundreds of pounds. With energyhelpline.com, you can compare ALL energy companies and every cheap tariff. Our service is free and completely impartial. Every year, we help over 100,000 UK consumers compare energy suppliers.
First, think about what you value most.
The cheapest energy out there?
Getting a cheap green energy deal?
Cheap energy that also has excellent service ratings?
You could opt for all of the above (they do exist!), or none of the above. Or you can even look for specialty tariffs – some of which offer deals that range from cinema tickets to discounts on days out.
One of the most important things to remember is to consider the whole picture though. Some of the tariffs with bonuses may cost you more than switching to the cheapest deal, and buying the “bonus” out of pocket.
Once you have an idea of what you want, then it’s time to look at what’s available.
There can be hudreads of tariffs on the market at any given time, and they can change daily. So chasing great tariffs can be a full time job (in fact, that is our job!).
The good news is all of the work we do makes it easy for users (like you).
You only need to know two things to compare electricity and gas prices:
– Your postcode
– An idea of your usage*
*If you have an energy bill handy, then you can input your exact usage (listed on your bills/statements as kWh hours). Otherwise, you can simply specify if you’re a low, medium or high-level user, and we can make an estimate.
- If you have an energy bill handy, then you can input your exact usage (listed on your bills/statements as kWh hours). Otherwise, you can simply specify if you’re a low, medium or high-level user, and we can make an estimate.
- From there, you will get instant access to a selection of tariffs with whatever suits you (such as having top-notch service, or green energy). And no matter what your criteria, it’s ranked so that you will see the cheapest tariff before anything else. It is one of the easiest ways to compare electricity and gas prices.
- You can select your tariff, and confirm your switch. And that’s just about it on your side – the rest of the switch is taken care of behind the scenes, without interruptions to your service.
- You can sit back and enjoy the savings.
- Switching is simple with energyhelpline.com – you can sign up to your new supplier using our website. energyhelpline.com will oversee the whole process, and make sure that you switch without a hitch. We will ask for some personal information such as your name and address, and then pass these details securely to your chosen provider. Your new electricity company will write to you to confirm your switch.
- A “bonus” bit of savings for those who need both electricity and gas…
- When picking your tariff, consider getting both electricity and gas both from the same supplier. Why? Because if you do, you could qualify for a “dual-fuel” discount, which can put a few extra pounds in your pocket every month.
- What could you save by comparing gas and electricity prices?
- Click here to find out.
- The price promise
- We’re accredited by Ofgem so you can switch with us and be confident we’re comprehensive and impartial.
- • Why compare electricity prices?
• How to compare electricity prices
• Compare electricity prices and switch online
Click here to compare suppliers now. With our energy price comparison service, you can compare electricity prices and find the very best deal for you.